Comments 4

Re: GTA 6: An Extended Look Analysis - "Perhaps the Most Impressive Showcase We've Ever Seen in Real-Time Rendering"

Heretek

I wonder if the game will be localized this time around. Because driving/riding while shooting, checking the minimap, and reading subtitles at the same time has always been a real pain in Rockstar's games. Especially since the writing is excellent, and missing out on it is really a shame.

The game will be released almost in 2027, and not translating it would be pretty ridiculous. Especially considering the resources Rockstar has. If that's the case, I'm taking one point off the score right from the start.

Re: "PS5 Will Be My Last Console": After 45K Votes, 86% of DF Viewers Say Sony Should Reconsider Killing Physical Games

Heretek

@Monkeyking1969 I understand your point of view, but as far as I’m concerned, the poll asks me whether "physical media is important". And to that question, I answer yes.
That doesn’t mean I don’t buy digital games, especially on Steam.
You mention a number of statistics, fine. But what do you do with the second‑hand games market, which escapes those statistics?

As for me, I only have 4 PS5 games in physical boxes as I’m writing this. All four are second‑hand. And I haven’t played only 4 games on my console, but dozens. Yet I don’t have a single one left. You can guess why ? I finished them and resold them to buy others.

In which of your statistics do you place someone like me, with a good twenty titles owned, only one of them digital (Viewfinder), and only two bought new (Cyberpunk, RDR2).

Re: Sony Kills Physical PS5 Games, Starting in January 2028: A Gigantic Hint That PS6 Will Be "Adorably All-Digital"

Heretek

As for me, sometimes I walk past a game store and browse through the bins of used games, hoping I might come across a title I'd completely forgotten about at a good price, or find something the kids would enjoy without having to spend €79 on it.

I think this is going to be a problem for all those retailers. It's a real shame for them. Maybe they'll be able to make up for it by selling "how to activate your game online" training courses.

Or maybe not.