Comments 15

Re: Inside Steam Frame: Valve on How They Made It Performant, Why It Costs So Much and What's Next

FractalFlow

@RandomPoster With all the tech included in the headset, I would argue that at only US$1059, Valve is not applying as much of a markup as it did on the Steam Machine or a 2026 Steam Deck. They could have priced it much higher! Would I like a Quest 3-priced Frame? Of course! Is that realistically gonna happen in the next few years? Absolutely not! If anything, the Frame price will go up. I for one am content with the price.

Re: Forza Horizon 6 PC: Our Optimised Settings for Mainstream, Mid-Range and High-End Systems

FractalFlow

I'm really impressed that FH6 runs great on my handheld Legion Go sporting a Z1E! I was using the High preset with good results, and upgraded them to the above mainstream optimised settings with effectively no performance hit. 1920x1200 with FSR Quality btw. Sure it's not a locked 60fps, and it's good enough for a portable experience when I'm away from my desktop. Thanks to Rayan and Rich for testing out all the settings and inspiring me to push my (not so little) handheld further

Re: Should Sony Reconsider Killing Future Single-Player PlayStation Ports to PC?

FractalFlow

Seeing as I've bought pretty much every single-player Sony game on PC, yes I would love them to continue to release them here, as I love their typically excellent narrative single-player games as part of my balanced gaming diet, and I prefer mouse & keyboard for games that require aiming (Uncharted 4, Returnal, Last of Us, Ratchet & Clank).

I don't have a PS5, and wasn't planning on buying one. Now I'm having to consider a Professional later down the line, or at least a PS6 to catch up on Intergalactic, Wolverine, God of War Next, and hopefully other upcoming new IPs. And Astrobot!

Yep the power of exclusives exists still.

Re: Crafting the Ultimate PC Handheld: Can 2TB Memory Cards Match SSDs in Terms of Gaming Performance?

FractalFlow

Interesting findings! I have no doubt that game performance is unlikely to differ. What about loading/stuttering on more modern streaming heavy games like say Forza Horizon 6 or Ratchet & Clank? I would love to see more load time comparisons between the internal SSD and a Micro SD. My own experience with Micro SD vs SSD on my Steam Deck and Legion Go are that loading times are slower from Micro SD... but I haven't taken out a stopwatch to measure properly